2022 Sport Film Festival
Canadian Sport Film Festival
Date of production: Productions must be completed after January 2020 unless solicited by, or having received the approval of, the Canadian Sport Film Festival.
Language: Films must be in English or have English sub-titles
- Dramatic features and live-action shorts
- Documentary features and shorts
- Animated features and shorts
Note: shorts are considered to be films less than 40 minutes
Type of film festival: Non-competitive
Entry Fees and Deadlines
Entry fee, before April 15, 2022
Entry fee, before May 15, 2022
Short films (under 40 minutes), all categories
Features (longer than 40 minutes), all categories
Payment of entry fees:
- Paypal or e-transfer is the preferred method of entry fee payment
- Paypal payments can be sent to: [email protected]
- Selection: Entrants will be notified of the decision regarding their film before the end of June 2022. No selected film or video may be withdrawn from the Festival.
- The Festival pays screening fees of $200 CDN for a feature film and $50 CDN for a short film. For non-Canadian productions, PayPal is the Festival’s preferred method of payment. NB: wire transfers will not be sent for fees of less than $200.
- Promotion: The Festival and its media partners reserve the right to use excerpts (up to five minutes) of, and to reproduce photos of the production for promotion and publicity purposes.
- Filmmaker attendance: Filmmakers of some selected productions will be invited to the Festival and will be the Festival’s guests, including accommodation and/or transportation.
Shipping and Responsibility
The Canadian Sport Film Festival prefers to screen from digital, projection-quality screeners.
All shipping and related costs for exhibition films/videos sent to the Festival must be borne by the owner.
Each film/video sent to the Festival is entered in Canada on a temporary duty free and GST exempt basis, which means that all films must leave Canada following the Festival. To prevent delays and duty at customs, please:
- Mark all packages with “Film/Video for Festival to be returned to owner – No Commercial Value”.
- Include an invoice containing title of film, format, and fair market value (cost of print only)
All exhibition videos and film prints will be returned by regular mail (unless specified otherwise and paid by the entrant).
The Festival is not responsible in case of accidental damage or loss of entries, except when in the Festival’s possession.
Liability: in case of loss or damage to a print, the obligation of the Festival is limited to compensating the filmmakers for the cost of making a new print.
The Festival has the power to decide on any matters not specifically dealt with in these regulations. Notice of participation implies acceptance of these regulations. In any dispute, the decision of the Festival will be final.